free counters We welcome newcomers!

Remember: if you participate with us, please link to and mention us in your post.

Monday 14 December 2015

Introduction W.

 I introduce this letter because  my maiden name starts  with W. I saw Roger do this game, when the G was having its turn.


1.Family name? Wouters! This is also my maiden name. In the Netherlands the family name of the husband comes first, followed by the maiden name of the married lady. In my case it'll be:"Francois-Wouters".


2 First name? Wilhelmina. At the time when I was born we had a Queen Wilhelmina,  I was not named after her but after my grandmother.


3 An animal?A wolf, spelled the same way in Dutch and English.


4.A boy’s name:Wim ( short for Willem, which is William in English)


5 A girl’s name:Wil, Wendy, Winny, Wanda,etc...


6. An occupation?:A watchmaker, a weaver....


7. A color?White...


8 Something you wear? Wellingtons


9. A beverage? Whiskey


10. A food?Water-melon


11. Something found in bathroom?Warm water  (same spelling in Dutch or English),a wash basin.


12. A town? Washington


13. A flower? Wistaria

































14. A country? Wales, a Celtic country in the United Kingdom




If you join us, please show us a photo, poem or article beginning with W, and mention this meme in your post or in the sidebar. We like to welcome you in our bloggingcompany.

.
***


22 comments:

  1. This is fun - should I use J for maiden name? C for first husband's name? or E for second husband's name?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi WIL,
    WHAT a WONDERFUL WITTY WELCOMING introduction to 'W', you did very WELL
    to magic so many 'W' WORDS! Truly amazing that I really had to WRACK my
    brains to find a subject of interest, and now the dratted 'W's are rolling
    of my tongue!
    Just looking at your names, your marries name looks French, Is that so?
    My married name begins with 'W' and my grandfather was called WLLIAM!
    That's it now I'm done with W's.
    Best WISHES to you
    Dear WIL,
    Di.
    ABCW team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat een heerlijke invulling Wil... mooi gedaan ! Leuk om zo iets meer over jou te weten te komen!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a fun introduction to W, Wil! Beautiful photos of that wisteria!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I haven't visited you all yet. My work email was down during my lunch time. I'll visit this evening! Wil, thanks for stealing my idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Wisteria - this is the second house where a previous owner planted them. Such a dreamy flower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the walk-through of your name, Wil.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Wisteria. Interesting questionnaire.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool! I need to try this type of post next time the letter R comes around. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful introduction from a witty woman! :-)
    My "W" post stands for WATERS of WARRANDYTE!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting W flower, and list.
    http://www.36hourworkweek.com/2015/12/Pet-warmth-winning.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Great intro.
    My W is for WARSAW

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love lists and this one tells us a bit more about you, which I like. Beautiful photos of a gorgeous plant!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have a regal name - Wilhelmina. Those flowers are gorgeous - such a lovely lavender.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've wondered what Wil is short for. I didn't ever think of Wilhelmina. That's a beautiful name. It's the name of my favorite amateur sleuth, who goes by Helma for short. I like this game. I did it, too, after seeing Roger's post. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your W's. I love Wisteria! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your W's. I love Wisteria! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete